Monday 2 August 2010

...my wedding clutch!

So here it is, some four weeks after my last post (eeek!)......

......my long-awaited wedding clutch bag!

[Hurrah! Fanfare! Cartwheeling giraffes etc etc.]

I'm very pleased to say that the final version of my clutch came together almost exactly as hoped (which hardly ever happens for me!) and I was over the moon with the end result. The gorgeous Amy Butler fabric worked so much better with my purple dress than I even imagined and the 5 hours spent stitching individual seed beads and sequins to the front panel really paid off I think.


The only last-minute change which I needed to make was the addition of a pearl necklace as tuckable-inable strap - very important for freeing up one's arms for photo-taking and disco duties!


As mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I also very sensibly decided to ditch the velcro strip in favour of a much more appropriate and discreet magnetic clasp (see below).


All in all, a triumph! I suspect this may be a pattern which I will be re-visiting again in the future.


And as for the wedding itself, it was just lovely; everything that a good wedding (in my humble opinion) should be - relaxed, fuss-free and very very smiley, with the obligatory sprinkling of inebriated guests stumbling around on the dance floor under the apparent misapprehension that they are Beyonce/Justin Timberlake/Michael Flatley! Perfick!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment